PICK YOUR POSITION
(English speaking, 20+ hours a week )
We are passionate technologists who believe in the power of software and technology as tools for social change
If you’re someone who’s inspired by technology, by joining Cloudera Solutions, you become part of a community. People join because they get to talk to the people who wrote the books that influenced them, work with the people who wrote the tools they would like to use, and collaborate on projects that propel change in the real world.
- Think through hard problems in a consultancy environment, and work with amazing people to make the solutions a reality
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, non-hierarchical environment where your talent is valued over your job title or years of experience
- Build custom software using the latest technologies and tools
- Craft your own career path
- Creating complex, enterprise-transforming applications on diverse, high energy teams
- Using the latest tools and techniques
- Hands-on coding, usually in a pair programming environment.
- Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality code
- Working in lots of different domains and client environments
- Understanding the business domain deeply and working closely with business stakeholders
- 2 to 7 years of development and delivery experience with Php / Java / C# / Ruby on Rails / Python / Node.js or any similar exciting technologies.
- Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Familiarity with few databases, like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, NoSQL, etc
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment is essential
- Young, preferably still studying and you want to earn that extra cash doing a part time job
- Blooming in motivation
- Performer, not a philosopher, clearly understanding your duties and talk about payments in due time
- Hard worker, but yet not a robot, and you don’t mind putting in an extra hours when needed
- Long term oriented, open minded
If you relish the idea of being part of a community that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find Cloudera Solutions is the right place for you. If you share our passion for technology and want to help change the world with software, we want to hear from you !
(English speaking, 20+ hours a week )
We are looking for passionate, opinionated and creative individuals who believe that most front end developers are cut and paste specialists, but they are different. Professionals who can’t wait to drop IE6 support and already plan their UIs for the iPhone and Android because they know what’s coming. Developers who understand the intricacies and insanity of cross-browser development. People who are capable, and willing, to play a key part in shaping the future of Agile software development and offshore services.
If you would like to…
- Work with all kinds of crazy developers, obsessive BA’s and demanding clients to design and build new features.
- Pairing with UX designers to build out design concepts and interactive prototypes
- Pairing with developers to ensure that the presentation layer is implemented in accordance with best above best practices and UX specifications
- Produce clean, semantic HTML and CSS, agonizing along the way for pixel perfection.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility.
- Make things shrink, twist, rotate, run across the page and fade (tastefully).
- Build simple, blindingly simple interfaces and believe that writing maintainable CSS goes beyond good class names.
- Believe that disabled and visually challenged users have a right to use the web as easily as everyone else.
- You believe that Agile and UI development can coexist.
And you have…
- Understanding of the difference between an interface, a class and an object and comprehension of cascaded inheritance, prototype based inheritance etc.
- Knowledge of what the following have in common: trident, gecko and webkit.
- Created good abstractions that actually get reused
- Considerable ability to be hard headed about markup quality
- That PhotoShop, Flash, Flex and SilverLight are just some of the things you’ve tried on your road to us.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles
If this sounds like the sort of thing you are looking for, we should be speaking. Please apply online. We want to hear from you!